Talk about the staff who used to work on the mag
relentless
Ken's Fishy Friend

Sep 2009 C&VG Rignall Interview

Post by relentless »

Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

And yes, the poor ol' Amstrad was sadness personified.
Excellent stuff. This will stir chaos on the RetroGamer board, harhar! :twisted:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Gazunta
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Gazunta »

Liked the bit where he thought it would be neat idea to get some of the old crew together to maybe chat on a forum thingy.

Wish we'd thought of that OH WAIT
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Too funny! :D
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I'm just stealing this bit of content from the article and putting it here so it's not lost when the original article disappears sometime down the line...
First up, can you give us a quick rundown of your career highlights and tell us what you've been doing for the past decade?

Probably the biggest thing I've done in the US was launching IGN.com. When I arrived at Future in 1997 (then called Imagine Publishing), there was a staff of about 9 people creating a bunch of different web sites about the PlayStation, Dreamcast and whatnot.

We consolidated them all into a network called IGN and thanks to a rather creative affiliate program where we linked to about a billion fan sites, IGN became the 20th biggest site on the web and had about 100 editorial staff. We all thought we were going to be billionaires, but the dot-com bubble burst and the value of our paper money was not worth the paper it was written on.

Fortunately the site survived, and it's still going strong today. Since then I've worked with some big corporations on their web sites/marketing (great money, not-so-fun-work) such as Walmart and Dell, before rejoining Future a couple of years ago as Editorial Director to launch its new US Custom Publishing Division...