Oli Frey Prints Now Available

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

Oli Frey Prints Now Available

Post by Iain »

Limited edition prints are now available at Oli's Art Site

From Roger:
Also, breaking news, the oliverfreyart.com website is going live at last with the promised art prints for sale. At an "affordable" price of £85 including UK delivery you get an A3 image (397 x 530mm with borders), printed on high quality art papers, limited, signed and numbered edition. Sadly, due to the relative costs of international couriers (for the insurance cost) the prices for EU, USA and the rest go up quite a bit, although if anyone doesn't mind accepting ordinary post with no compensation, can cut that down. By the same token, anyone buying more than 1 at a time can "enjoy" considerable savings, since the courier cost remains the same, only the insurance value goes up a bit.

Kicking off with 4 this month:

Welcome to Fear (Fear cover 1)
Spectrum Kong (Crash 2)
Shoot Em Up Construction Kit (Zzap 30)
Red Moon (Crash 20)

More Zzap-oriented covers to follow in due course, depending on how sales develop!
Bit pricey especially for us non UK people, but as it says on the site and above, use the contact us form to buy more than one or to settle for ordinary post etc.

Oliver Frey Art Prints
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

From Roger:
If you haven't checked in recently you may have missed the Tuesday Mystery Sale, a selected picture each week at between 1/3 and 1/2 off the listed price, (it's on a first come, first served basis).
It runs from midday Tuesday to midday Wednesday it seems, so there's one still available for another 2 hours at the moment.

I also notice another newer Zzap original cover has been added to the site (Space Gun Issue 80) at a decent enough price of £225.

http://www.oliverfreyart.com/
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

£85 is a bit rich for me, although the SEUCK one's tempting. I'm also tempted to grab a Wakelin print at the mo', since he's selling them for £15 (A3) and £20 (A2).
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

£85 for the prints is a fair amount to be sure but cheaper than £500 for an original I guess....
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

I'm certainly not suggesting they should be any cheaper—Oli knows the value of his own work. It's just £85 is too much for me at the moment.
So Long Ago
Freelancer

Post by So Long Ago »

Got my print about 3 weeks ago. Got it back from the framers last week and very pleased with it. For me well worth the money.
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Which print did you get, So Long Ago?
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
So Long Ago
Freelancer

Post by So Long Ago »

Crash #1 (which I know I shouldn't mention in a Zzap forum). Still my favourite cover - for its time it was such a departure from the covers of rival magazines, I can still remember the first time I saw it.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Pity Oli doesn't have the original of ZZap issue 1 cover (they gave it to Chris) to make prints out of.. but maybe it'll turn up some day.
So Long Ago
Freelancer

Post by So Long Ago »

I was a bit underwhelmed with Zzap #1
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

So Long Ago wrote:I was a bit underwhelmed with Zzap #1.
So Long Ago wrote:Crash #1 ... I can still remember the first time I saw it.
Zzap #1, me too, nothing shocking there. Bit of a shame really - especially in contrast with Crash #1- oh well, Speccy owners had the best first cover, we had the better mag, no problem. Hehe. :wink:

I still can remember I picked up my first copy of Zzap!64 at the newsagent, 14 years old, issue 17 (Knight Games cover) I almost can smell it and imagine holding it in my hands again, quite an impact it had, wow. Sniff. :)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

I was quite happy getting my hands on #2 and #4, pity #3 was given away also...
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Yep the Metroforce?dropzone cover was awesome, also would have loved to have got the Mercenary Cover sniff but another one that got away :)
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Some good news for those of you who haven't visited the site or gotten the email
Due to popular demand, we're introducing a low-cost prints service.

These quality, four-colour laser, prints are individually made from the hi-res files of the originals and cost
only £9.95 per print plus P+P.

You can order a print from any of the images at http://www.oliverfreyart.com, including from originals that have already sold and some further 25 images that are not on the site. Go to the Low-Cost Prints page for details. There is an order form on the page, but as a previous purchaser, you don't need to use the form, simply respond to this email with any orders quoting the order number (top right of images on sale) and title.

You will receive a response within at least 24 hours (depending on your time zone) confirming your order and the total price, PayPal account details for payment, including if relevant US$ and € costs correct to the current exchange rate.

There is a one-off packing and shipping cost per consignment (1–10 prints, see chart below). P+P costs are in GBP.
UK £3.01
Europe £3.21
World £4.33

Delivery is by 1st class mail in the UK and airmal post to Europe, the USA and the rest of the world. The table below shows the all-inclusive prices in GBP.

Prints 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

UK 12.96 22.91 32.86 42.81 52.76 62.71 72.66 82.61 92.56 102.51
Eur 13.16 23.11 33.06 43.01 52.96 62.91 72.86 82.81 92.76 102.71
World 14.28 24.23 34.18 44.13 54.08 64.03 73.98 83.93 93.88 103.83

Orders of more than 10 prints will be treated as separate shipments.

Prints are made individually and may take up to four days before dispatch. You will receive a notification when they have been sent.

When ordering, please don't forget to include full name and address.
They are A4 prints for £9.95, so there's no excuse now not to get a few bits of art. :)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Kinda old news, but you can get image file downloads now as well as cups and mouse mats.

The cups are quite good but I was somewhat disappointed with the mouse mats, they are the floppy type and the print quality isn't brilliant (due to the surface of the mat I would imagine). :(