Sean Masterson

Talk about the staff who used to work on the mag
debit

Sean Masterson

Post by debit »

Hello,

I wonder if anybody has contact with Sean Masterson? I'm really keen to interview him for the Commodore Format Archive, but aside from a (seemingly inactive) LinkedIn, I can't find anything at all.

Perhaps he's happy with his lot and uninterested in talking about the past, but I'd like to know for sure.

If anyone can help please do let me know :)
Iain
Admin

Re: Sean Masterson

Post by Iain »

Did you ever get in touch?

Gary Liddon mentioned him in the video interview I posted elsewhere today, that he shared a flat with him at one point (while working at Newsfield). I remember Sean doing mainly the strategy stuff, did he do more work on one of the other magazines or something?
debit

Post by debit »

He was deputy editor on Commodore Format from launch up until around issue 16. He then left Future altogether.

He'd been on White Dwarf before CF and, yes, loved all the strategy stuff!

Hasn't got in touch, sadly. Did find his LinkedIn, but seem inactive. If anyone has a contact or knows where he is, please do let us know. We would love to complete the set of CF staff interviews for www.commodoreformatarchive.com and he's one of the few remaining!
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

I'm a bit scared of using LinkedIn. I'm worried that people will be annoyed at bothering them about something that's not entirely work-related. I'm far too English, I think that's my problem!

I've looked for Sean in the past, too. I've had about as much luck as you.
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
debit

Post by debit »

Well, we eventually found Sean and the interview with him's gone online today. ZZAP! fans will thoroughly enjoy what he has to say about Graeme Kidd, ZZAP and life in sleepy Ludlow alongside all the stuff about CF.

He is a really sound chap! :)

https://commodoreformat.wordpress.com/t ... interview/
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Well, rather selfishly, I followed the link to read the interview and then didn't post back my thanks... :oops:

Therefore, thanks!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Another great interview!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

That was a great read, thx!
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.